May 4 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Escalating Cyber Threats to the U.S Financial System: Time to Think Outside the Box Conference – Offered in person and virtually
May 4, 2023, 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Eastern)
In-Person, Van Metre Hall, George Mason University, Arlington, Virginia and via Zoom Webinar
Please join us for the Escalating Cyber Threats to the U.S Financial System: Time to Think Outside the Box Conference hosted by Financial Technology & Cybersecurity Center and George Mason University’s Center for Assurance Research and Engineering (CARE) and School of Business on Thursday, May 4th, 2023, from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Eastern) at George Mason University’s Arlington campus.
Experts and regulators will present and share their findings at the executive roundtable discussion on the cybersecurity challenges facing the financial services sector.
The increasing number of cyber incursions demonstrates the vulnerabilities of digital technologies and an Internet that was not created to be a secure network. There are options for overcoming these increasing vulnerabilities and protecting the financial system.
Hear from experts discussing current and upcoming issues in cybersecurity and the financial system including:
- Financial system innovation and challenges of cybersecurity
- Geopolitics and national motivations for financial system innovation and development
- Crime and criminal enterprises and the financial system
- Role of multilateral institutions such as the IMF and World Bank
- New Web concepts to decentralize and segregate financial system critical infrastructure
- Government initiatives to work with private industry
- More secure software, hardware and systems
- The path to global consensus
- The cybersecurity alternatives that financial services companies are developing
For more conference information, please go to: http://bit.ly/3SNgcVb